Wednesday, 2 July 2008

Beware of Low Tide!



I can't believe it is July already! Time is just flying by here. I wish it would slow down because I have so much more surfing and laying out on the beach to do before I have to become a full-time student again.

Well, this past week Roman and I had a friend in town for a job "interview". It was great to hang out with her. We took her surfing at the Cove in Kihei and she really liked it. She was able to stand up on the first wave that she caught, something I still have not been able to do :( Beginner's luck, I guess.

One of the guys that Roman works with and that we live with left this week to go back to Alaska. I actually went out to Ladies' night at a club called Casanova's in Makawao since it was his last night in town. It was fun, but the DJ wasn't that great. :P

This weekend Roman and I went to watch the movie Wanted because we heard it was good and it is by the Russian director that we both like who is making a trilogy of films based on vampires and werewolves that is actually really good. Wanted was okay. Not as good as his other stuff, but full of action if that is what you are looking for. We also tried out this really good mexican restaurant called Pinatas, which had pinatas all over the ceiling. There was one of a hula girl that looked so cute!

We were actually brave enough to wake up early (5:30am) on Monday morning to go surfing at Ho'oikipa. During the winter, this is THE place to surf and the waves can get pretty big, but there is not much going on here during the summer, which is good for beginners like me! The waves were actually pretty good that morning and there were several other people out there, but it was low-tide, so Roman and our friend ended up dinging their boards on the rocks. We had to take them in for repairs, so that is going to cost us about $130! So, if we learned anything, it is to be really careful with your surfboard during low tide, or don't even go out at all at low tide.

No comments: